Get Shredded with The Basso Burst Your Body Workout!
This Intense Full Body Workout will Build Muscle and Shred Fat!
Ever since my son came into the world – time has become scarcer. Gone are the times when I could routinely workout for 1.5 hours. So for the past few years I have been developing a workout routine that stresses all the major body systems and muscle groups in a fun, intense, and efficient workout. This workout should only take 30 minutes but you will feel like you worked out for over an hour. Please note – this isn’t for beginners. You must already be regularly lifting weights otherwise you may get injured. Do not attempt any of these exercises unless you know how to perform them with proper technique.
Do this workout 2-3x/week and vary the exercises you choose. Here is the sequence and note that the bolded items are what was displayed in the video:
- Warm-up for 2 mins on the bike, treadmill, elliptical or mild jog outside. This will get your body warmed up and limber for what is about to come.
- Spend a few minutes stretching out any tight or problem areas. 30 secs/stretch. Note – Static Stretching is OK contrary to recent reports.
- Start with a heavy ‘push’ exercise like decline, incline, or flat bench press. Do one set reaching failure at 10 reps.
- Immediately do a heavy ‘pull’ exercise like seated row, wide grip pulldown, or close grip pulldown. Do one set reaching failure at 10 reps.
- Repeat 3-4 so you do three sets of each with minimal rest intervals (less then 60 secs).
- Do some intense full body exercise like squats, deadlifts, kettle bell throws, or walking lunges with dumbbells. These are all fantastic exercises for building muscle and shredding fat. Do this for approximately one minute or 10 reps to failure (three sets total). Rest for 1-2 mins between sets.
- Attempt the Basso Burpees (1-3 sets of 10 reps). Rest for 2 mins between sets. These consist of a chin-up with ab crunch, a one legged push-up, and a pilates back extension. Alternate which leg is planted with each rep.
- Finish with all out 20 sec sprints with 2 min rest intervals. This could be stair climbing, outdoor sprints (or on the treadmill), or stationary bike.
- Hydrate well and eat an awesome meal with clean protein. I recommend a ‘big ass salad’ with lots of veggies, a few berries, a few nuts, chicken breast, olive oil/balsamic, and avocado.
- Get some good quality rest so you can repair/build/grow!
So if you want to build muscle and shred fat (who doesn’t?) give this workout a try. Questions or comments? Leave them below…
This article is also posted on The GoodLife Blog